Week 14: The Future of Comics

This week I got to read some of "Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack" and "Megg and Mogg" and they were quite interesting in the weirdest way. We also watched "Scott Pilgrim" in class ,which is a comic I've wanted to read before, and the movie was really funny but also hard to follow. 

"Scott Pilgrim" is a comic that has been around  for a bit of time and I have seen it pretty much every time I go into a bookstore. I never have gotten to read it but after watching part of the movie, I went and read some of it. It seemed like the movie was pretty close to the comic and I guess the story is just weird in general. I thought the movie had made it more confusing because I thought they took out a lot of key parts and was one of those movie where they are geared more towards people that know the comic, but it seemed like the comic and movie were pretty similar. I think they did a good job of getting the characters right in how they looked and how they acted. I'm not sure entirely about Scott because in the movie he's really awkward but in the comic he seems more like a chill guy, but maybe that's actually how he is. I did enjoy the what I read and what I watched from the movie so I think I will continue to read the story.

"Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack" first of all has one of the weirdest names for a comic. I'm still not even sure entirely what it means, but the title is just as funky as its content. I like the style and how it was either 3 or 4 panels, and how simple each one was. I found most of the little comics funny because they have this sort of slapstick comedy to them. It's interesting how it seemed like they changed in style somewhat in each one, ranging from having color to the hatching or sort of realistic style used. 

"Megg and Mogg" was right off the bat super weird, but I like how the characters were drawn and the colors they used were sort of dulled out or gross looking to me. I think the color choices added made the story work together really well and there was a part where the medium changed when the artist used what looked like color pencil vs. the digital medium they used. I also really liked the texture used where it seemed like a sort of overlay of the noise filter or something of that sort. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10: Manga and Anime

The Arrival